Dear VCE Families,
There are a number of VCE events that will occur during the next few weeks that I want to bring to your attention. As always, we value your participation, as these events help to strengthen the bond between home and school and bring our VCE family closer together.
- On Friday, November 17th the Nyack School District will be celebrating American Education Week with an open house event in each of our schools. We are thrilled to invite parents and guardians to share in part of our instructional day. Classrooms will be open according to the schedule below. Parking is available in the lot in the rear of the school.
Kindergarten: 10:30 – 11:10
Mrs. Archunde – room 100
Mrs. Colucci – room 119
Mrs. Larison – room 118
Grade 1: 9:45 – 10:30
Mrs. Giuffre – room 101
Mrs. Marino – room 103
Mrs. B. Murray – Library
Mrs. Gabrielson K-1 – room 120
Grade 2: 9:00- 9:45
Mrs. Niero – room 102
Mrs. Sullivan – room 108
Mrs. Yano – room 107
Mrs. Capezzuto (2/3) – room 117
Grade 3: 9:45- 10:30
Mrs. Clark – Gym
Mrs. Gottlieb – Gym
Mrs. N. Murray – Music Room
Mrs. Richmond – Art Room (202)
Grade 4: 10:30 – 11:10
Mrs. Lora – room 113
Mrs. Parnther – room 116
Mrs. St. John – room 114
Mrs. Walker – room 115
Grade 5: 9:00- 9:45
Mr. Beirlein/ Mrs. Weber – room 202
Mrs. Bosley – room 201
Mrs. Lima – room 200
Ms. Hart (4/5) – room121
So that we may best maintain the integrity of the instructional day for our students, we ask for your cooperation as follows:
- Please turn off all cell phones.
- Please give your full attention to the learning activities during lessons.
- Please stay for the entire instructional period.
Tickets are now on sale for the third annual VCE Lip Sync Battle which will take place on Friday, December 1st at Nyack High School at 7:00 pm. We’ve sold out for the last two years, so get your tickets early! Order sheets were sent home on Wednesday, November 8th. Eighty percent (80%) of the proceeds from this event will go to the PTA who will then able to fund field trips and assemblies for all of our students. Twenty percent (20%) of the proceeds will be donated locally to The Nyack Homeless Project and to the Nyack Soup Angels. To view the trailer for the Lip Sync Battle go to https://vimeo.com/241448052
- PARP (Pick a Reading Partner) is going strong! Students have their PARP calendars. We encourage you to spend time reading with your children and build wonderful memories along the way.
- In our efforts to teach compassion, citizenship and being responsible members of a larger community, VCE will hold our annual pajama drive from November 20-22. We will be accepting donations of new pajamas for children and adults throughout the week. Donations will go to the Nyack Homeless Project.
- Pajama Day at VCE will be on Wednesday, November 22nd. Students may wear their pajamas to school on that day. In the interest of safety, students should wear shoes or sneakers. Slippers, robes and stuffed animals should be kept at home. Any student may wear pajamas to school on November 22nd. A pajama donation is appreciated, but not necessary.
- Wednesday, November 22nd is a half day of instruction. Elementary schools in our district will dismiss at 11:45 am. If your child’s normal mode of transportation will change on that day, please send in a note to the classroom teacher indicating the change.
Tired of cooking after the long Thanksgiving weekend? Bring the family to Panera on Rt. 303 on Monday, November 27th between 4:00- 8:00 pm with the flier that will be sent home that day from the PTA. Panera will donate part of the proceeds from your purchase back to the VCE PTA.
Wishing all of our VCE families a wonderful Thanksgiving! We thank you for sharing your children with us each day.
Mrs. Gina Cappiello
Si ou bezwen enfòmasyon tradui an kreyòl,rele Jocelyne Abraham nan 353-7044.
Si le hace falta información traducida en español, llame a Yesenia Polanco 353-7042.